PE & Sport Premium
The PE and sport premium allocation for Yarlside Academy is £8750 for the academic year 2015/16. Here at Yarlside, we have a strong sporting history and the funding will be used to maintain our high standards in PE and school sport.
This year we intend on using the budget to:
- Improve our resources
- Develop our playgrounds to include lines for the delivery of KS2 games.
- Ensure that staff have access to relevant and up to date courses.
- Employ community coaches to deliver sessions to pupils in a wide range of sports.
- Allow our pupils access to outdoor education at Water Park.
- To employ staff to support the entries of B&C teams to competitions.
Last year, the money was spent on purchasing a climbing wall, which is now located next to the KS1 playground. This resource has improved our provision of outdoor education within PE. We also renewed equipment and enrolled staff on up to date training courses to improve their subject knowledge.
The funding has had a huge impact on the children at Yarlside. Each year group receives a series of lessons each academic year which provides an experience of outdoor education within the PE curriculum. Teachers have developed their subject knowledge which has improved the teaching and delivery of PE.